The Crossings Homeowners Association
Annual Board Meeting
Date: October 17, 2019
Location: 301 Winchester Court
The meeting started at 7:00 PM. All board members were present Chris Bogdon. There were no residents present. The previous month’s minutes were approved.
Checking - $6950.77
Savings - $ 5739.05
Escrow - $1,600.49
There are 10 resale certificates issued and there is 1 house currently for sale.
Dues letters are being prepared to be sent out. Dues will remain the same for 2020.
We contacted the landscaper about repairing culvert and gravel for park trail from Hunting Ridge. Current estimate is $5200.
The HOA board will be contacting Cranberry Twp. regarding the Retention Pond repair.
Web Site and Social Media:
The Crossing’s HOA Website has 183 (+1) users registered. There are also 166 (+2) Facebook members in the Crossings Neighborhood Group.
Light up night is currently scheduled for Sunday, December 22nd. Rain Date is going to be on December 24th. Luminary forms will be distributed shortly. We hope everyone can walk around and meet your neighbors.
There was a complaint about fireworks in the park common area. Several neighbors have complained about fireworks. Please be courteous to your neighbors and let people know that you are planning to set off fireworks. There are a lot of methods to alert your neighbors including Facebook and letting the board know so we can distribute a broadcast to everyone.
Rewriting of our By-Laws for the neighborhood is in progress.
All residents who had violations have been contacted by the HOA!
Chris Bogdon attended the Cranberry Twp. HOA Forum on Oct 15th. The following are the notes that were taken regarding the HOA Forum:
Cranberry Twp., Volunteer Fire Department
- 100% Volunteer and they are really looking to get more volunteers. Volunteers are down across the country.
- Anticipate 900+ requests for service in 2019. That is an increase of 35% over 5 years
- Fire stations are happy to provide tours for any person to show all the renovations and improvements that they have been making
- There was a concern about people dialing 911 from their cell phones. The advice is to make sure when the 911 call center answers, it is the Butler County 911. When people live on the border, sometimes the cellular towers will hit the wrong call center.
- Cranberry Twp. VFD does not do fundraising, so please be diligent if we receive any solicitation for donations
- Cranberry Twp., EMS does do fundraising.
- On October 28th, Cranberry VFD will install new radios so they can interoperate with the police department.
- Cranberry adopted the 2015 International Property Maintenance Code with some revisions.
- Common Issues:
- High Grass
- Twp. will only send courtesy letters to residents
- They eliminated section 302.4 because residents wanted more natural looks for their yard
- If sidewalks had a deviation of more than 2 inches they are in violation.
- Potential Penalty: $1000
- Sidewalk snow and ice removal
- Required to be completed with 8 hours of the end of the event
- Township may send a courtesy letter
- High Grass
- Fourth Amendment - All violations must be visible from public locations. People cannot go in peoples yards to observe violations
- Building vs Zoning permits - Both of these are required for different functions in Cranberry Twp.
- Cranberry Twp urges all residents to check with HOA before they apply for permits.
- Cranberry Twp does not check covenants before issuing building permits
- They will be providing the list of jobs that require the different types of permits so we can distribute them.
- Vacant property before Park Place on Rochester Road is going to become a 24hour indoor dog walking facility.
- The empty building by Einstein bagels in Cranberry is going to be a medical marijuana business.
- There was a concern about complaints to Vogel for trash pickup.
- Cranberry Twp. just signed another 5 years contract with Vogel
- There are performance standards in the contracts
- If any Vogel truck is leaking hydraulic fluid, residents are urged to call customer service.
- The contract is requiring new trucks to be purchased
- They are also required to address any concerns from residents about Vogel's performance
Luminary Night – December 22nd, 2019
Luminary Night Backup in case of Rain – December 24th, 2019
The next board meeting will be on Wednesday, Nov 20, 2019, and it will be held at Silver’s residence at 304 Winchester Court.